GENE A. VOSTEEN
26803 N. 73rd Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
I am an experienced senior technical professional in all facets of the IT industry,
with a focus on operations, maintenance, administration, budgeting and programming.
I am expert at new startups and managing teams of 60 plus that are highly motivated
and productive. I am looking for a challenge in business solutions development in
emerging technologies and environments. I am committed to team building, exceptional
customer service, and rapid adoption of best practices.
Senior IT manager expert at building new IT organizations and adapting to technical
and business challenges; Adept at running complex, multi-million dollar projects from
inception to implementation; Proven ability to quickly identify impacts, creating
solutions among competing resources and requirements, leading to significant cost
savings; Dedicated to integrity in the workplace; Devoted mentor and skilled team builder.
- As President of Foxstone Industries, developed over 50 websites for U.S., Canada, Europe and South America, generating positive cash flow for last 6 years. Additionally provides contract management services for startup companies to establish IT infrastructure.
- At Direct Alliance Corporation established IT Department, creating reporting groups and cost centers for Helpdesk, Desktop Support, Networking, Server Room, System Administration, Application Programmers, and Web Programmers, with a staff of 60 and 8 direct reports (Managers for Helpdesk, Desktop Support, Web Development, Networking and MS Administration, Unix/Linux, Database Security and Application Programming.)
- Enabled Direct Alliance Corporation to support multiple yet separate client call centers by creating a secure subnetted network, enabling each client company to audit their respective call center traffic.
- Constructed new 3,000 square foot server/computer room and established internal networking security. Deployed 120 server level computers ($1M) and 700+ desktop computers for Sales Department. This system supports sales of $1.5M per day.
- At Verizon, designed a secure private operations network that was extended to all of New England, valued at $18M. Obtained corporate approval, obtained funding, oversaw design and implementation.
Directed hardware maintenance, computer operations, network communications, application development and support and related training.
10 years experience managing groups using state-of-the-art development tools to design customized applications.
Conceive, design and maintain customized web applications in the United States, Canada and Netherlands.
|President, Foxstone Industries, Inc, Scottsdale, AZ
||1995 - Present
|SR IT Manager, Direct Alliance Corp, Tempe AZ
||1998 - 2001
|Manager, Tech Support, Security, Computer Operations Planning, Computer Maintenance and Operations, Verizon, Newark, NJ
||1966 - 1997 (Retired)
|AA Business Administration - Bergen Community College
|BS Computer Science - attended Thomas Edison University